Job TitleGeneral Laborer Helper
Requisition Primary LocationLeesville, Louisiana
Waste Connections, Inc. has an immediate opening for a General Laborer Helper to service the Leesville, LA area. The position will be responsible for helping the driver of a garbage truck on specified routes to manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites. Daily work will involve heavy industrial lifting, lifting waist high, gripping with hands, moving at a brisk consistent pace, and occasional bending. This position will also be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
In this position you will be working Monday-Friday typically about a 10 hour day. On top of competitive pay we offer family benefits, 401k, vacation, and year round work.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual's unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
Why You Need to Join Us!
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Driver in collecting waste from residences and businesses in a safe, courteous, professional manner.
- Assist driver in backing the vehicle, cleaning the vehicle cab, daily records, and help clean up any spills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Will be subject to extreme weather conditions, repeated heavy lifting, pushing and pulling totes / receptacles to and from truck to the designated area of customer.
- Be able to lift 70+ lbs throughout a 10 hour shift.
- Must be flexible in hours of operation from holidays, weekend, and overtime.
- Subject to High Traffic Areas at times, must wear required PPE at all times
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)