What you’ll be doing...
The Manager will develop in-store marketing materials to be executed in support of products and strategic platforms across all Verizon retail channels (Direct, Indirect and National Retail). This includes the strategic development of static POP and digital (passive and interactive) elements. Youwill partner with internal stakeholder groups (Customer Experience, Device Marketing, Retail and Indirect Operations, Product, GTM, Integrated Marketing) to coordinate efforts across all touch points.
The Manager will work with Verizon's internal agency 140 and external agency teams and will be a liaison to the Print Production Team, as well as IT and digital distribution companies to help see projects through to completion. There will be a strong focus on delivering a customer journey that provides a premium retail experience, driving sales and building our brand. The Manager will champion Verizon’s retail transformation into new formats and will coordinate the planning and execution of projects ensuring they are best-in-class retail, completed on time, on-budget and on-strategy, supporting our key programs and initiatives based on business priorities. Manager may lead messaging priorities and will make placement recommendations within the retail environment.
This position requires the ability to lead Verizon’s retail communications strategy in the development and execution of innovative and engaging customer retail experiences. The candidate would manage in-store static signage and digital supporting product launches, key products and services across all retail channels and store types. Includes responsibility for developing creative strategy and messaging elements with a focus on furthering the Verizon value proposition and to ensure a clear, engaging message to customers. The candidate would lead the process, working with our Marketing and IT partners and agencies on creative and messaging strategy development, testing, and delivery/launch. To succeed, candidate must be able to make informed quick decisions and have a solution oriented approach to their work.
This position is responsible for preparing and providing briefs to internal and external agency teams to align on objectives and creative direction, while ensuring the agencies stay aligned on strategy, on brief and manage to business objectives and budget. The candidate would work with various agencies/internal and external partners to handle testing and execution of digital and static promotional elements throughout our retail footprint.
Under the new Channel Communications Team, this position is responsible for alignment and integration with inter and cross channel teams, managing the ongoing communication with these stakeholders for applicable projects. Key partners include, but not limited to other Channel Communications teams (ie .com and Social), Integrated Marketing, GTM, Brand, Production, Customer Experience/Design, Retail Merchandising and Ops, Product and Device teams, IT and their vendors. Additionally, collaboration with internal partners/integrated marketing is vital to ensure promotional/retail creative remains consistent with other channels to reinforce the message and result in immediate customer action. The candidate must be able to strike the balance of when to lead creative development and when to be a part of a more integrated team, which will vary by project.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Seven or more years of marketing experience.
- Strong business acumen and critical/strategic thinking ability.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experienceof executing programs and driving measurable results.
- Experience working in highly complex environments.
- Marketing communications or other creative experience with a focus on translated market knowledge/strategy into compelling stories and tools for sales channels.
- Experience in Project Managing across functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing effective marketing/communications plans.
- Ability to work independently and make quick decisions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated skill of flexibility to respond to changing direction.
- Agency management experience.
- Retail or other sales environment experience.
- Digital creative/sales channel experience.
- Willingness and availability during non-business hours, as needed.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.