Sodexo @ Pepperdine University is looking for an experienced and successful “Hotelier” to manage our “Best in Class” Villa Graziadio Executive Center in beautiful Malibu, CA. This high profile General Manager 1 - Conference Center is responsible for our full service Executive Conference Center located on Pepperdine University campus which sits on 830 acres of hillside with the Pacific Ocean nearly lapping at our doors. The Conference Center encompasses 28 meeting rooms with 45,000 square feet of meeting space and 32 lodging rooms. Additionally, the successful candidate will have responsibility for our 26,000 square foot location in West Los Angeles.
**RELOCATION assistance is available for this exciting opportunity! **
The Ideal Candidate will have :
- High profile conference/banquet/catering management in addition to hotel/overnight lodging experience
- strong understanding of financials - P&Ls, controllable and non-controllable expenses
- strong communication skills - working with client and administration,
- Hiring, training, and motivating a high performing team of managers, supervisors and front line staff across various disciplines and operating departments including; Food & Beverage, Catering, Conference Services & Audiovisual Technology, Housekeeping
- Previous experience in Event & Space Management
- Proven expertise in fostering relationships with executive level
- Managing complex presentation technologies including video conferences and broadcasts
- Seeking Bilingual candidates, the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this workforce.
Responsibilities include successfully supporting, supervising and operating our lodging business, keeping and improving upon our high operating standards, planning, coordinating and executing “C-Suite” level meetings and event groups, maximizing Guest satisfaction and fulfillment as appropriate to ensure the highest level of service.
Do you believe you are in the Hospitality business and industry to make a positive difference in yours and your guests experience? If so, we are highly interested in speaking with you about this fantastic opportunity. APPLY TODAY!
Directs all contract management service operations at a Conference Center Campus, Meeting Management or Lodging property. Plans, organizes, staffs, and directs multiple services which generally includes: sales and marketing, conference services, food and beverage, front office, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, engineering, conference planning, audiovisual technology, accounting and finance, human resources, development and professional growth of management team. Manages the client relationship on a daily basis while ensuring customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
-Sales/revenue critical job duty
-Business management overall business (operations management)
-Supervision of staff/directing team
-Communications/Sodexo process management