ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS Job posting 60762
1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241 Job posted as of Jul 24, 2019 until Until Filled
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Job Title Secretary/Registrar, Elementary (Bilingual/Spanish required)
Hours Per Week 40
Months Per Year 10
District Name ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS
School / Location Name
FEDERAL HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
2500 WEST 96TH AVE, Federal Heights, Colorado, 802215701
Posted on Jul 24, 2019
Expiry Date Until Filled
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing support to the elementary school office by maintaining, monitoring, and managing an accurate student database and student records/files; providing customer service and secretarial support; managing the daily student attendance process; and monitoring daily visitors to ensure a safe school environment. Responsible for the administration, coordination and communication of the student and course registration process and master schedule. Responsible for accurate student database information and related reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time may vary based on building assignment.
1. Maintain, monitor, and manage an accurate student database and student records/files according to federal and state law and district policies and procedures by performing student registration, enrollment, withdrawal, and updates. Meet with new parents to explain school/district policies and procedures, gather new student information, and enter registration information into the District database. Complete the enrollment process by obtaining required paperwork, such as out of district records, birth certificates, etc. Establish an appropriate schedule for the student and arrange for registration informational meeting if necessary. Create the initial student cumulative file that follows the student throughout their district education. Oversee the registration/intent process by creating, compiling, ordering and distributing registration materials. Organize conferences as needed. Withdraw students and mail student records and requests to appropriate locations, purge withdrawn flies, and send files to ESC. Forward all 5th grade files to the next school enrolled. Obtain and update personal information such as parent/guardian, address, phone numbers, emergency contacts, etc. Communicate with Legal Department to ensure student court orders are current in Infinite Campus. Maintain accurate class lists.
2. Provide customer service and secretarial support in the front office. Screen and route incoming calls, provide information to callers and visitors, take messages, retrieve voicemail messages, and make outgoing calls for administrators and other authorized personnel. Diffuse difficult situations. Screen all visitors via the secure entry system, scan photo IDs, print visitor badges, and direct to appropriate party. Call students to the office for meetings/pick-up and assist/monitor students dropped off early for school and or not picked up after school. Accept, sign for, open, and distribute incoming mail and packages and warehouse orders. Prepare outgoing mail and send and receive district email and faxes. Communicate with the district and community groups to coordinate building activities and to update master calendar and usage. Maintain current and add new Student Authorization Pickups. Send out weekly autodialers. Assist with students that are sent to the office with discipline office referrals. Enter and track all discipline referrals in Infinite Campus and maintain Behavior Management reports and database. Retrieve, compile, download, and provide data for reports, both internal and external, such as enrollment projections, student funding, transportation needs, enrollment counts, testing, October counts, CDE report, etc. May create schoolwide newsletters and email messages. May maintain the school website by setting up the teacher/classroom pages and updating the homepage/school. Provide back-up to the health clinic.
3. Manage the daily student attendance process by listening to messages on attendance line, contacting parents, entering absences and tardies into the system, verifying that teachers have taken period attendance, running attendance reports, logging attendance concerns in district database, and sending attendance letters to parents. Schedule attendance meetings with Principal as needed.
4. Oversee the processing and distribution of grade and progress reports, including ensuring teachers have properly entered all grades for their students, running report card Exceptions Report in Infinite Campus, requesting teacher corrections prior to printing, printing report cards or sending to Print Shop, and overseeing distribution.
5. Coordinates, provides support for, and/or participates in student registration/progress events such as back to school nights, open houses, parent/teacher conferences, etc. Duties may include preparing materials, handouts, agendas, and newsletters; creating signs/posters; making room arrangements; and publicizing the event.
6. Build the master schedule by entering student courses and internal scheduling requests into the system, analyzing conflicts, performing schedule runs, and using tools within the student database software to develop a desired schedule. Ensure that each student has a completed and accurate schedule for the new year. Make student schedule corrections and changes as appropriate.
7. Perform other job related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent.
? Minimum of 3 years of computer and general office experience.
? Experience working with school-age children preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
? District Student Information System certification training required within one month after hire
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
? This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees? previous work experience. ?Grade? refers to position or job classification and ?Step? refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
This is a replacement position. Bilingual/Spanish required. Minimum hourly rate of pay is G19, step 1 - $16.48 per hour. Please refer to the classified salary schedule on our district website for additional information regarding step placement.