Directs, supervises and coordinates staff and activities at assigned clinic to ensure the delivery of quality patient service. This position ensures staff complies with all regulatory initiatives and policies and procedures and works with senior management to support effective clinic operations. The Supervisor of Clinic Operations will also provide support to clinic staff in the absence of the Clinic Administrator.
- Supervises assigned personnel to ensure quality patient care, including forms and procedures as required
- Monitors clinic workflow and schedule to ensure productivity standards are met
- Administers clinic policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions, assists in interviews, trains, and orients staff
- Ensures that office space, supplies, assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care
- Works with senior management to ensure operations and relations are effective
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Ensures personnel forms and/or records are kept updated and submitted to other departments in a timely manner
- Ensures that offices for new and incoming physicians are ready and equipped
- Coordinates staff work activities and serves as resource to medical management staff in various market(s)
- Collects clinic performance and quality metrics and produces reports for management
- Orders office and medical supplies and ensures sufficient quantities are maintained at all times.
- Assists the Clinic Administrator in budget preparation and adherence
- Coordinates conference calls and assist with preparation for meetings for medical management staff in market
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Nursing or 4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of clinic operations or healthcare experience, including one year of supervisory experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management techniques
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Current State Vocational Nurse License
- Professional healthcare license or certification
- Experience working with eClinicalWorks (ECW)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of office management techniques and practices
- Skill in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating data
- Skill in written and verbal communication
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving, decision-making
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures and ability to apply principles to solve everyday problems in a variety of situations
© 2018 OptumCare. All Rights Reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Clinic Operations Coordinator, McAllen, TX, Texas