Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Position starts September 27th, 2019
This position is part of Allstate Brand Operations (ABO). The Sales Specialist is responsible for handling transferred sales leads and some customer service calls to facilitate the growth of Allstate’s book of business by improving the customer experience, increasing customer retention, and meeting sales performance goals. Selling is the primary function of this position but delivering effortless customer experience is a critical component. All sales calls will use warm leads, no cold calls. This position is a licensed individual (Property & Casualty). If you are not licensed that is ok! Allstate pays for licensing training and your license!
- Deliver exceptional customer experience in all interactions with the customer
- Provides an exceptional sales experience to prospects through outbound calls in order to meet sales targets and performance goals
- Sells new business policies for Auto, Property Personal Lines, and selected specialty lines (motorcycle, renters, boat, PUPs, etc.)
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of specific company products and services in order to portray confidence and credibility to customers while matching customer needs to Allstate products and service
- Proactively identify and act on cross-selling opportunities in order to increase household penetration and improve customer retention, applying effective selling and influencing techniques
- Ability to interact with multiple on-line systems while speaking with customers is required
- Demonstrate the ability to handle situations which may require adaptation of response according to customer response. Ability to appropriately handle inbound customer inquiries and calls and leverage the opportunity to cross-sell to enhance customer retention probability
- Requires extensive knowledge of the organization, products and services and may require advance problem solving and sophisticated sales techniques
- Ability to assess customer needs and suggest and promote alternative products or services
- Increase customer retention by speaking with as many customers as possible while improving the customer experience
- Requires ability to navigate a computerized data entry system and respond to a predicative dialer system
- Seek referrals for potential customers and prospects through conversations with Allstate’s existing customer base
- Develop subject matter expertise and remain current on new marketing campaigns
- Meet monthly goals and standards that align with Company growth strategies
- Home Based work opportunities may exist for employees with consistent performance and attendance behaviors
Training/Transition/Production Schedule (approx. 8 weeks Training): Monday-Friday 12:30pm-9:00pm (Wednesday Off) Saturday 10:00am-6:30pm
Training/Transition/Production Schedule (approx. 8 weeks Training): Monday-Friday 12:30pm-9:00pm (Thursday Off) Saturday 10:30am-7:00pm
- Requires General Lines Property and Casualty license to be obtained immediately after hire (training provided)
- High School diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong PC skills
- Ability to interact with multiple online systems while speaking with the customer is required
- Ability to evaluate customer needs while matching to Allstate products and services
- 1-2 years sales experience or college degree
- Strong customer service skills
- Be flexible regarding changes needed to service the customer
- Salary: $17.50 hourly / $36,400 annually (paid bi-weekly) plus an additional 10% bilingual differential ($40,040 annually)
- Uncapped monthly sales bonus available based on performance
- $1,000 bonus paid after 6 months of employment if hired with an active General Lines Property & Casualty License (license bonus does not apply to Allstate re-hires)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment