Location: 2000-Northwest Regional Ofc
Job TitleRegion Safety Manager
Requisition Primary LocationVancouver, Washington
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individualâs unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
â¢ CULTURE: Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
â¢ INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it!â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
â¢ RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
We are currently seeking a Safety Manager to support our leaders in our Western Region which includes Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nevada. This position is located in The Centennial, CO and you will expect to travel approximately 80% of the time. The Central Region has over 2000 employees and over $650 million in revenue. In this position you will report directly to the Region Vice President and Vice President of Safety.
- Coaches and trains district level managers and supervisors on safety policy and accident/injury prevention.
- Supports district level managers, drivers, and employees with safety training programs.
- Initiates safety projects and initiatives that provide district management with the tools and training to conduct their activities in a safe manner.
- Responds to DOT and OSHA complaints and notices of violation on behalf of the Company and argues the defense for the Company and the district involved.
- Facilitates the implementation of the Companyâs Health and Safety policies.
- Monitors District completion of corporate required Safety Performance Tasks (SPTs) for the current year, and develops or recommends region specific supplemental safety policies, programs, and goals that is coordinated with and which complements SPTs.
- Assists or Conducts district facility reviews for compliance with regulations and policies.
- Conducts accident/injury investigations in line with the corporate Safety and Claims Managers, as required.
- Assists with the integration of new acquisitions and initiates the safety culture transition into the Company.
- Analyzes accident and injury data for trends and recommends appropriate programs to reverse the trend.
What You Have To Have:
- 5+ years Safety Manager experience for a large multi-state company.
- Bachelorâs Degree Preferred.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%+
- Strong knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)