Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Service Manager 2 for University of MA Boston located in North Dorchester, MA. Nationally recognized as a model of excellence for urban public research universities, UMass Boston is the most diverse research university in the Northeast.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Have oversight of day-to-day operations
- Deliver high quality food service
- Achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- Develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- Develop strategic plans
- Create a positive environment
- Ensure Sodexo Standards are met
The ideal candidate:
- Has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems DRIVE and The Market Connection (TMC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement