Accountable for creating sales opportunities through targeted enrollment activities to increase membership and build support for KP. Establish and maintain customer relationships to optimize potential for growth. Identify, create and execute on an engagement plan in collaboration with Account Manager. Establish and maintain internal communication links to ensure timely and accurate onboarding of prospective members.
Engage customer and broker contacts to ensure understanding of KP and how we serve consumers. Identify the key personnel, the functions they perform, their role in the Direct Marketing process and their opinions about KP in conjunction with the Account Manager/Executive Account Manager. Understand customer's business and business challenges. Identify key KP personnel who can enhance the business relationship. Proactively communicate advantages of KP and link to customer business needs. Identify customer needs and develop appropriate solutions. Keep customers informed on health care industry trends. Communicate basic information about regional and enterprise financial position. Understand overall account strategy and implement a local communication plan that supports it. Follow up on customer issues and concerns in a timely and accurate manner or refer to an appropriate team member. Serve as consumer subject matter expert on local service area. Serve as product and funding type subject matter expert.
Engage union contacts to ensure understanding of KP and how we serve union members. Understand the relationship between the union and management in the account. Identify the union's key personnel, the functions they perform, their role in the DM process and their opinions about KP. Understand union's business and business challenges. Identify key KP personnel who can enhance the business relationship. Proactively communicate advantages of KP and link to customer business needs. Keep union contacts informed on health care industry trends. Communicate basic information about regional and enterprise financial position. Understand overall account strategy and implement local communication plan that supports it. Use union relationships to gain access to steward meetings, retiree clubs, new member orientations, etc. to present and sell KP. Follow up on union issues and concerns in a timely and accurate manner.
Analyze open enrollment opportunities and develop and execute strategies to maximize KP's visibility and membership growth. Focus on targeted customer engagement leading to increased consumer engagement. Partner with Account Teams on a consumer strategy development and execution. Evaluate group-specific needs for open enrollment meetings and presentations. Engage customer in identifying most appropriate approach. Coordinate activities and staffing for meetings and presentations. Work with account managers and group contacts to determine group specific open enrollment needs. Develop plan for acting on opportunities. Identify and secure resources needed to execute plan. Participate in enrollment events; enrollment meetings, health fairs, etc.. Track and monitor plan throughout open enrollment season. Complete post-open enrollment analysis; identify lessons learned. Report analysis to account managers. Focus on milestones leading to increased consumer engagement. Participate in special projects to impact consumer engagement.
Initiate any and all opportunities outside of open enrollment to engage with members and potential members to ensure understanding of and commitment to KP. Engage contacts to identify opportunities for KP visibility with employees. Develop and present proposals to account manager and contacts. Develop plan for acting on opportunities agreed to by contacts. Execute strategies. Evaluate success.
Engage broker and customer contacts to ensure understanding of KP technology tools (e.g. kp.org., My Health Manager, KP Mobile Apps, microsites). Identify customers who have microsites and measure usage and update annually. Develop a microsite usage report that can be shared with the broker and customer. Target potential microsite customers and pitch implementation to broker and customer. Develop plan for demonstrating kp.org to customer and their employees. Execute strategies. Evaluate success.
Acquire and enter customer engagement data in a timely and accurate manner. Enter encounter data in a timely manner. Track membership changes for groups that have an account plan monthly or required by manager. Collect competitor information at the worksite as appropriate. Enter competitor information into Sales Connect as needed.
Reinforce a culture of collaboration and accountability between sales, account management, product development, member marketing communications, case installation, local service area resources and other key internal partners. Review and document onboarding plan in conjunction with the Account Manager and Associate Account Manager. In conjunction with Sales, ensure that medical centers are aware of new group activity as appropriate. Track onboarding experience to uncover areas of improvement and
develop/document best practices. Notify Account Manager about trends and urgent issues.
Accountable for financial aspects of the position. (e.g. awareness of current on-site wellness program charges and customer-specific marketing communications charges). Annually select marketing communications collateral for use by local Service Area. Understand costs for standard materials. Inform Service Area team of worksite wellness opportunities and associated costs.
Assist Account Management team as needed to assure timely processing of contract renewals. Have an in depth understanding of the products and conditions of offering. Have an in depth understanding of the accounts that are in the renewal process and the status of each
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in sales, telemarketing or customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or finance or business administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High school diploma or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- You must be bilingual in one of the following languages as indicated: Spanish, Chinese, or Vietnamese.
- Demonstrated record of meeting individual business objectives.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills required.
- Strong computer skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy with high volume work.
- Excellent rapport building skills. Quick learner of key information.
- Ability to take direction from multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborative work style.
- CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
- If National Accounts or Stockton Telesales, all applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
- If Medicare Sales Representative/Sales Managers/Enrollers, no license requirement.
- If Occupational Health, no license requirement.
- Two (2) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration in health care industry.
- One (1) year of experience with employee group benefits.
- Previous experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Background experience in brokerage/ consultant, insurance carrier, TPA, or benefits administration.
- Understanding of current/future trends and changes in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Working knowledge of underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
Primary Location: California,San Francisco,San Francisco 425 Market Admin 425 Market St Ste.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon - Fri
Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM
Working Hours End: 4:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Department: Consumer Sales and Retention
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.