JOB OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for performing moderately complex system analysis and issue verification. Assists in the specification, coding, testing, beta, release and production support for assigned products. Monitors production systems before, during and after releases to ensure performance stability, and reliability. Maintains communication channels between operations and development to facilitate cooperation between teams. Functions as a key member of the Development team for the assigned business unit and provides needed development support. Leverages a basic understanding of the business domain and existing frameworks for the success of development projects. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as part of a software development team in a collaborative manner
- Mentor more junior systems developer administrators in regard to best practices for administering systems
Create, modify, and maintain documentation on infrastructure, software, systems, and disaster recovery processes
- Assists in the development and deployment of solutions that follow established standards
- Provides task decomposition and estimates in accordance with a basic understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Participate in all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the products
Maintain servers and systems as needed with security patches and updates that follow best practices
Attend education and training sessions as approved and/or required
Maintain awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Assists in monitoring of production applications 24/7/365
Typically 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications; professional certification may be required to advance.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Intermediate understanding of Agile development methodology
- Intermediate understanding of best practices in developing and administering a specific system or infrastructure
Intermediate ability to troubleshoot and help resolve escalated infrastructure issues
- Intermediate ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
Intermediate understanding of Windows and Linux Server implementations
Intermediate understanding of applications that run inside a web application infrastructure
Basic understanding of at least one applicable automation scripting language
Intermediate understanding of database server administration
Basic understanding of writing SQL scripts
Basic understanding of at least one applicable object-oriented software language
Intermediate understanding of management and administration of production infrastructure and systems including but not limited to storage, virtualization technologies, load balancing, and networking equipment
Intermediate understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
- Maintain a level of proficiency necessary for competence in the position as identified by the department training website
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below) .
Job Field: Administrative