Sodexo is seeking a Full Time Critical Care Registered Dietitian to join their team at the Medical University of South Carolina,_an_ _850 bed hospital located in Charleston, SC. This dietitian will be responsible for covering the surgical trauma intensive care unit (STICU), including management of patients requiring parenteral nutrition.
The Dietitian will report to the Clinical Nutrition Manager and will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with at least_ 3 _years_ _of experience_
- Maintain responsibility for comprehensive nutrition assessments and reassessments, intervention including nutrition support, education, and counseling of_ _inpatient populations per the Nutrition Care Process model.
- Provide education to patients, as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing,_ _occupational and speech therapists, and other ancillary staff.
- Provide coverage for other dietitians as needed, _including rotation through the weekend, holiday, and on-call schedule.
- Competent to place postpyloric enteral access tubes, or obtain competency within 6 months.
- Certified Specialist in Nutrition Support credential, or obtain within 12 months.
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment_.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups_.
- Serve as a preceptor for dietetic interns_ as needed.
- Strong time management and organizational skills are required to be successful in this position_.
- The ideal candidate must be eligible for SC licensure.
- Registration with Commission on Dietetic Registration is required.
- SC licensure is required before starting
To learn more visit:_ http://www.muschealth.org/
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services including those for complex needs.
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., -HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments. .