This position is responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly worldwide Consolidated Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Statements of Cash Flows for HSOne and/or its subsidiaries.
- Assists with preparation of income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements and associated schedules in USGAAP including: review and/or prepare monthly subsidiary financial statements to ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting within the context of USGAAP and Henry Schein Inc. Accounting Policies.
- Assist with review and/or preparation of monthly subsidiary balance sheets and documenting key account movements (i.e. cash, investment, equity, goodwill, development capitalization, deferred revenue); assist with recording monthly consolidation entries to revalue equity, eliminate investments in subsidiaries and intercompany balances, plus adjust other key accounts.
- Roll monthly deferred revenue accounts, book month end adjusting entries, act as revenue recognition expert.
- Calculate monthly development capitalization by business unit from development labor reports and input adjusting entries.
- Assist with review and ensure timely reconciliation of group intercompany accounts; Running intercompany matching reports and input correcting entries.
- Provide bank reconciliation for Key accounts and input adjusting entries
- Prepare local currency cash flow files including analysis of roll-forward details and fixed asset disposals.
- On a quarterly basis, track timely completion of and assist with determining accuracy of footnote reporting packages for quarterly disclosure purposes.
- Input and tie out monthly trial balance submissions from HSOne international subsidiaries.
- Prepare consolidated P&L and reconcile/tie out to submission totals per parent financials (Great Plains/Outlooksoft to HFM)
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
Senior level professional; knowledge and full understanding of one or more disciplines and good knowledge of organization, processes and customers. Good judgment, strong analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Resolve issues and assignments in creative ways. Some assignments may be broad in nature. May serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project co-lead role as required.
Work on problems of diverse scope and moderate impact where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors. Use best practices and knowledge of business strategy to solve complex problems; recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Receive minimal instruction on day-to-day work and general instruction on new projects or assignments. May act as a resource to provide informal guidance for TSMs with less experience. Assignments can be broad in nature.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications; professional certification may be required to advance.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong understanding of industry practices
- High proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Good planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, begin to build partnerships externally
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Experience/expertise in software revenue recognition and ASC 606 standards
- Knowledge of HFM and Great Plains or comparable financial systems
- Knowledge of Outlooksoft or comparable consolidation/reporting tools
- Proficiency and ability to learn in various related computer software applications
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong ability to understand and communicate financial concepts
- Accounting degree required
- CPA preferred
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below)
Job Field: Accounting/Finance