This position is responsible for executing changes and/or updates to web properties and online marketing activities including email and digital asset creation. Assist senior developers with maintaining the web user interface and web functionality. Work with internal marketing team and outside vendors to extend site functionality and enhance user experience.
- Develop webpage concepts and content, often working with graphics designers, marketing team and other departments
- Develop static and dynamic web pages, utilizing WordPress, WooCommerce and Wordpress Plugins
- Program and test modifications to application software according to departmental standards
- Develop the ability to estimate work effort and impact of modifications.
- Research, track and understand new web technologies to provide insight in developing service applications.
- Play a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of web applications.
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Provide written test plans and test results.
- Assist onsite Information Technology (IT) department with desktop/server support as needed
Intermediate level professional; developing knowledge within own discipline. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to perform tasks. Frequently apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Work on problems of limited to moderate scope and impact where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures to solve straightforward problems. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practice to determine appropriate action. Build productive internal/external working relationships.
Receive a moderate level of instruction on day-to-day work and detailed instruction and guidance on new projects or assignments.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Basic understanding of industry practices
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic presentation and public speaking skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficient experience and proven success record maintaining websites using WordPress and Wordpress Plugins, experience with eCommerce/WooCommerce a plus
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Hands on knowledge of computers, networks and computer systems
- Basic level Windows 7-10 operating system support/troubleshooting
- Basic level Windows server troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of Switching/Routing/IP Networks
- Experience in working with external Software Vendors
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below)
Job Field: IT/Software Development