Sodexo is seeking a full-time outpatient Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic clinical team at Mount Sinai Hospital located in Chicago,IL. Position will provide 32 hours per week of diabetes education and medical nutrition therapy for the Diabetes Health Education and Lifestyle Program and also provide 8 hours per week of nutrition care, education, and counseling to the Outpatient Oncology clinic at Mount Sinai Hospital.
As part of the Diabetes Education Program the Registered Dietitian will:
- Conduct nutrition assessments, provide education, and implement interventions in order to improve the patient’s diabetes management and nutrition quality of life
- Provide Nutrition Education in a group setting on a variety of topics as needed
- Collaborate with other members of the patient care team including doctors, nurses, psychologists and social workers
- Develop new education material, processes, and classes as necessary
- Monitor and evaluate patient care and outcomes on an ongoing basis
- Participate in quality and process improvement measures
- Be familiar with diabetes medications, insulin administration, and self-blood glucose monitoring
- Work independently to manage schedules at multiple sites, caseload, marketing program, communicating with staff and doctors and billing in clinic care.
- Be willing to cross-train for inpatient coverage as needed
- Maintain 15 CEU hours per year on topics regarding diabetes as required for ADA Recognition Program (if not a CDE)
- Assist with calling in prescriptions for endocrinologist and help with pharmacy-related areas
- Learn how to apply a continuous glucose monitoring device on patient when ordered and fingerstick HbA1c tests as ordered by doctor
- Certified Diabetes Educator preferred but not required.
As part of the Outpatient Oncology Clinic, the Registered Dietitian will:
- Utilize the Nutrition Care Process to assess, diagnose, intervene and monitor/evaluate patients’ nutritional status, using the IDNT
- Utilize Nutrition-Focused Physical Exam and AND/ASPEN criteria to determine presence and degree of malnutrition
- Exhibit competency in nutrition care planning and nutrition counseling for patients receiving cancer treatment (including radiation, surgery, hormonal therapy, chemotherapy and other systemic therapies), as well as for patients in remission
- Recommend nutrition support as needed
- Collaborate with other members of the oncology care team including doctors, nurses, social workers, speech therapists, and case managers
- Spanish Speaking preferred but not required to assist in educating patient population.
- Specialty certification in oncology (CSO) a plus but not required.
- Licensure in the State of Illinois Required.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.