At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant’s responsibility is to assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
**Family Practice, Monday – FRIDAY, NO WEEKENDS, CLOSED on ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS**
*Office Location: Midvale Medical Center – 1460 W. Valencia Road, Tucson, AZ*
- Performs clinical and administrative medical assistant duties including but not limited to; greet patients, prepare charts (EHR), prepare patients and exam rooms, take histories and vital signs, give injections, provide basic wound care, perform EKG's, triage patients and advise patients of test results and care plans
- Provide education about health preservation, disease prevention and disease self - management
- Participate in preventative care reminder programs
- Assist patient in procurement of medical supplies
- Use of technology to assist with all aspects of patient care; electronic health record documentation, disease registry, documentation prompts and standing order protocols
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment
- Attend required meetings and participate in a constructive manner as a team player
- Participate in periodic in - services to enhance and increase clinical skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited MA program or 3+ years of military as a medic
- Computer literate (Microsoft)
- Electronic medical record knowledge
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking
- CPR certified
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, CMA, Clinic, healthcare, primary care, family practice, Tucson, AZ, Arizona