NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Psychologist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be assigned to see patients and provide a wide-array of clinical services including individual, group, family psychotherapy and case management.
- Demonstrates effective planning and organizational skills to manage scheduling, prioritize responsibilities and preparing for deadlines.
- Demonstrates interest and a positive response to feedback in areas related to improvement in job duties.
- Provides a prompt response to both email and in-person requests from supervisors, administrative leadership, and the Quality Assurance Team.
- Reports incidents and serious events to a supervisor or administration in a timely manner.
- Provides outreach and engagement on a timely basis, and commensurate to level of risk.
- Performs Suicide/Violence Risk Assessments and Safety Plans monthly or as needed, in accordance with clinic policy.
- Is able to identify risk factors for suicide/ violence and responds appropriately.
- Attends professional conferences and trainings to enhance clinical skills.
- Seeks out supervisor for assistance on difficult clinical situations when necessary and as appropriate.
- Responds in a timely manner with the supervisor's recommendations stated on the weekly chart review tools in order to correct identified deficiencies related to OMH and JCAHO compliance standards.
- Develops initial and treatment plan reviews two weeks before due date, and involves clients in the individualized treatment-planning process.
- Completes all documentation in compliance with clinic, hospital and regulatory agency standards (i.e., Safe Act reporting, completion of progress notes). Please specify the areas that might need improvement:
- Monitor's patient appropriately, commensurate with the level of risk.
- Able to provide case management (assess and refer clients to educational, vocational, housing services, other resources and support systems) when indicated.
- Attends required meetings and is responsible for follow-up of directives given at meetings.
- Maintains productivity level.
- Reports child abuse/neglect when indicated.
- Requests consultation when necessary from treatment team, psychiatrist, or nurse practitioner.
- Involves family and or/significant others when indicated, in order to provide comprehensive care.
- Performs thorough treatment and crisis intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill required to provide accurate assessments and diagnosis.
- Performs thorough initial and ongoing assessments of patients at intake and/or during the course of treatment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and age-related criteria pertinent to the patients served in his/her assigned area.
To qualify you must have a Ph.D./Psy.D. in Psychology. Bilingual Spanish / English is required.
Required Licenses: Cert Psychologist Lic - NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Hospitals- Brooklyn
Company Location Description
Mental Hlth Admin- FHC (L563212)