Responsible for the overall upkeep and technical maintenance of the Distribution Center. Performs all technical maintenance and repairs including preventive maintenance on distribution center mechanical equipment. Clears jams and motor problems on conveyor systems. Calibrates basic mechanical equipment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Performs basic technical maintenance and repairs on distribution center mechanical equipment.
- Works closely with Maintenance Tech II to gain proficiency in repair and troubleshooting techniques.
- Clears jams and motor problems on conveyor systems.
- Calibrates basic mechanical equipment.
- Records all work completed in a departmental log.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Two years experience in technical maintenance, contracting, or the equivalent required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Reads and interprets manuals providing instruction in repair and maintenance of various machinery and equipment. Proficiency in operating powered tools, equipment, and machinery. Adaptability to various assignments and work under stress and deal with multiple problems. Ability to pass machine driver safety training for all required equipment. Good reading, writing, math, and computer skills. Good communication (written/verbal) skills. Detail oriented and accountable for making accurate decisions under set guidelines. Good problem-solving skills. Ability to follow instructions, work under stress, and handle multiple assignments. Ability to read fine print and differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code).
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, or comparable work experience.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below).
Job Field: Inventory Management