Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it's just a start. At OptumCare innovative thinking is just as important. Our unique team of health care providers are an emerging and important part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our approach is designed to help physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. That takes smart ideas and incredible teamwork. And that's where you come in. In this role, you'll support a clinical team that's helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi - national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will have experience as a Medical Assistant and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, and have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
*Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM*
- Work within the California MA Scope of Practice to performs patient intake process (vital signs, history)
- Perform clinical procedures (injections, ear lavage, EKG)
- Assist the providers with invasive procedures
- Maintain clinical logs (autoclave, temperature logs)
- Submit electronic referrals for additional services
- Enroll / respond to electronic patient messages in the patient portal program
- Process medication refills per protocol
- Answer patient calls and make outbound calls to patients when necessary
- High school graduate or GED
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current BLS card for healthcare providers or willing to obtain
- Willing to work both front and back office
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare or clinical setting
- EMR and / or NextGen experience
- Experience in working with HMO and PPO plans
- Bilingual English / Spanish
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Cerritos, Cypress, Long beach Huntington Beach, MA, Medical Assistant