Location: 2190H-LRI HiddenValleyLandfill
Job TitlePT Relief Cashier
Requisition Primary LocationPuyallup, Washington
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) â" We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 9 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 45 states, the District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces.
We have an immediate position available for a Part-Time Relief Scalehouse Cashier for our 6 different LRI locations.Schedule will be given at least a month in advance but can/will fluctuate week to week if last minute coverage is needed. Interested applicants must have a flexible schedule and ability to work weekends.
- Union Position
- Part Time Relief Cashier
- Monthly hours can vary throughout the year from â0â to 160+â¦subject to need
- Location will vary between our 6 sites within Pierce County (Puyallup, Graham, Prairie Ridge, Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Lakebay)â¦ subject to need
- Benefits are subject to terms within the Union Contract/Labor Agreement
- Commit to a Safety Culture
- Greet and direct customers as they enter site/approach scalehouse
- Answer customer questions (in-person and on the phone) in a professional and friendly manner
- Adheres to the companyâs waste acceptance policies
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain a flexible schedule (must be willing to work at a moments notice and adapt to a schedule which is continually changing)
- Have the ability to stand and help customers throughout a 10hr shift
- Ability to learn and retain multiple customer and material codes.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent Customer Service experience
- Cash handling experience
- Schedule and travel flexibility
- Strong decision making skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Excellent computer entry skills
- Excellent attendance history
- Be willing to work OT when needed
- Able to multi-task, answer customer questions while handling transactions. Greet customers while inputting data into the system.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Balance till- cash & credit card transactions as well as credit accounts
- Able to use a 10-key calculator
- Excellent communication skills
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Terms and conditions of employment with Waste Connections will be covered by the applicable Teamster Local 313 bargaining agreement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Education:High School (Required)