The Strategic Account Manager is the primary field sales and relationship lead to our top customer accounts. The person is responsible for key (Elite) accounts in a geographical area, usually spanning several states. The primary areas of focus are our Elite DSOs, Select Dental Schools and CHC political entities and buying groups. The major effort of the Manager is to increase revenue for the Company while building strong ties between Schein and major accounts.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for account management and growing existing business within current accounts. Brings in suppliers, other TSMs and programs to strengthen the Prime Vendor relationship within the account
- Works with SM internal resources to develop appropriate programs that address the needs of the major accounts, and then helps to implement.
- Leads the efforts in Community Health Center organizations and buying groups at a state and/or national level, by creating agreements or contracts for local centers to use in dealing with Schein.
- Attends Trade Shows and customer events and 'mans' the Schein booth during trade show hours, as part of account management and acquiring new business.
- Sets up semi-annual formal account business reviews to inform Elite accounts what Schein is doing for them and to find ways we can improve. The meetings shall include more than purchasing and the SAM, which would be considered a more regular review.
- Determines when it is best for the customer to have multiple representation and coordinates the efforts of other Schein and supplier resources.
- Reports weekly on key activities to their management and partakes in scheduled calls.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
3 years previous sales experience dealing with large customers or
3 years dealing with institutional type accounts
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Dental industry or product knowledge a plus but not required
Henry Schein, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Job Field: Sales/Telesales