Location: 5305-Front Range Landfill
Job TitleLead Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationErie, Colorado
As a member of our world class team of Fleet Mechanics, you will feel like a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our fleet the safest in the industry! Do you love the sound of a pneumatic impact wrench? Is the use of a flame-cutting tool your idea of a fun day? If the answer is Yes, then youâre who were looking for!
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: Â Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it!â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees. Â Â Â
- COMPENSATION:Â $70-75K+/ year plus great benefits
We are looking for aÂ high energyÂ Heavy Equipment MasterÂ Diesel MechanicÂ to join the team at our landfill inÂ Erie, Colorado. Previous waste experience would be a hugeÂ plus!Â
- Tasked to order parts and build a relationship with equipment venders.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.Â EquipmentÂ currently on site. (Landfill Compactors, Dozers, Excavators,Â Motor grader, Haul trucks, Tippers, Site Â trucks)
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Breakdowns may occur on the working face of the landfill.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair equipment on the landfill. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Must have experience working on yellow iron/heavy equipment.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience aÂ huge plus!
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)