Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Working in a call center environment under supervision, this position handles inbound calls from patients, patient representatives, providers and other medical staff. Practicing quality clinical skills and strictly adhering to established protocols, handles patient inquiries and requests. When appropriate, refers medically related inquiries / requests and complaints to clinic staff for intervention and resolution.
Also assists callers with general contacts including, but not limited to, appointment scheduling, general facility and provider information, general requests, medical records requests and issue resolution.
Works collaboratively with clinic staff and other departments to provide an exceptional patient experience.
*This position is located at 500 N. Westshore Blvd. Tampa, FL and the hours are Monday through Friday, 8AM - 5PM*
- Work effectively in a structured, production environment
- Adhere to daily schedules and assignments
- Strictly adheres to established advanced protocols to handle incoming contacts including, but not limited to, prescription refill requests, lab results, x-ray results, medical triage assessments, medical inquiries and referral requests
- Assists callers with general contacts including, but not limited to, appointment scheduling, general facility and provider information, general requests, medical records requests and issue resolution
- Verify and update patient information in the clinical information system
- When appropriate, assigns electronic tasks to clinic staff to intervene with medically related inquiries and requests and to address concerns
- Contact patients to remind of appointments
- Contact patients to communicate special outbound call campaign messaging
- Review patient chart (in EMR) to ensure core measures are being addressed and met per protocol and takes appropriate action when they are not, i.e., schedule services
- Assist patients with identification of and connectivity to community and program resources to assist with non-medical needs, (Pharmacy assistance programs, meals on wheels, LIS)
- Document thoroughly all calls and actions taken within core systems
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Unrestricted LVN / LPN license in the state of Florida
- 2 + years experience in healthcare environment with direct customer contact
- Familiarity with managed care
- Medical office experience
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Ability to respond appropriately to patient questions regarding tests and treatments
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the handling of complex medical assistant inquiries per protocol
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced call center environment
- Ability to adhere to daily schedules and duties
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to effectively de-escalate and resolve issues
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent Customer Service voice and demeanor
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent demonstration of caring and compassion
- Strong computer experience (data entry, screen navigation, keyboarding)
- Strong desire to work with the elderly
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 90,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN/LPN, Triage, Triage RN, RN, Medical Terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding, Call Ctr., Tampa, FL, Florida, Brandon, Thonotosassa, St. Pete, Clearwater, Carrollwood, West Chase, St. Petersburg, Largo