Technical Support Specialist (Bilingual Spanish/English)
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Support - Technical Support
Who is Geotab:
Geotab, a global leader in IoT and connected transportation, collects rich location, engine and vehicle behavior data to provide valuable insights for customers. Geotab is deployed worldwide in over 130 countries and is utilized by more than 40,000 customers around the globe. Collecting over 4 billion data points daily, Geotab is utilized by fleets both large and small to better manage their light, medium and heavy duty vehicles as well as the latest available electric vehicles. Global demand for telematics is increasing and Geotab is rising to the challenge. Are you ready for the challenge? If so, visit us at careers.geotab.com to apply today. To see what it's really like to be a Geotabber, follow us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook @InsideGeotab to get an inside look into life at Geotab.
Who we are looking for:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Bilingual Technical Support Specialist who is enthusiastic about providing world class customer experience by troubleshooting, problem solving, and identifying solutions for customer issues. If you love technology, you are passionate about technical and customer support,and you are keen to join an industry leader - we would love to hear from you!
What are the details of this position:
As a Bilingual Technical Support Specialist, your key area of responsibility will be creating customer loyalty and satisfaction through your superb troubleshooting and problem solving skills. You will support both the MyGeotab software application and the Geotab GO devices, IOX, and other hardware. You will understand the business impact of incoming tickets and will troubleshoot effectively to resolve issues and answer questions. Strong communication and organizational skills will make you an ideal and successful candidate who will find reward in supporting robust software that can function 24/7 with no down time.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Supports client, carrier, and sales team by providing phone, chat, and email assistance relating to device errors, network communications, portal configuration and navigation, product implementation, and troubleshooting, while also supporting carrier demo and product trial programs.
- Coordinates with all departments in the management of the return/exchange process for Geotab devices and accessories from case origin to completion, including communication to the customer.
- Identify and assess customers' needs to achieve satisfaction. This includes diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues involving connectivity, installation and software inquiries.
- Performing Diagnostics and testing on existing release GO devices and accessories as well as advanced troubleshooting using Google Big Query, SQL.
- Ability to extract and analyse technical data from a device to ensure the functionality is as required
- Creating customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Continuous learning and improvement to become subject matter experts of Geotab's products - including testing and configuring hardware and software.
- Utilize enhanced Excel functions, including pivot tables, graphs, and Vlookup function.
- Create or modify Excel reports for Customers.
- Navigate, update, and educate on the use of the MyGeotab portal.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least two years of technical support experience.
- At least two years in a customer service role.
- Working Knowledge of Google Big Query.
- Intermediate level Excel skills, including creation of pivot tables and reports.
- Experience working with wireless or telecom, technologies or gaming industry.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills - You must be able to convey technical jargon in a wide-array of syntax from beginner level users to developers in our tickets as well as knowledge base articles. Knowledge of KCS methodology would be a plus. Basic understanding of how SaaS integrations work and experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment a great plus
- Bilingual - English/Spanish is required (Ability to speak, read and communicate clearly and effectively in both English and Spanish)
- Ability to read, write and speak in Canadian French, Portuguese, German or Mandarin also an asset
What makes our staff passionate about Geotab?
Table Tennis at the office! Bring your own bat!
Great accommodation (height adjustable desks)
Light breakfast served daily (cereals, bars and fresh fruit)
Hot lunch or fresh sandwiches served every other Friday
Geotab sponsored sports teams, dress up days, fun social events
Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching retirement savings plan
Our Core Values:
Geotabbers innovate and seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We love being ahead of the curve, using leading technology, and being agile in every way we do business. We work hard, and we definitely play hard. From the CEO - to the staff - there is an open-door policy for all of us to freely communicate. Geotabbers are dynamic, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment. We own our work and take responsibility in a true entrepreneurial spirit!
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.