Location: 2010-Vancouver Ofc Mgmt 99thSt
Job TitleCustomer Service Manager
Requisition Primary LocationVancouver, Washington
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individualâs unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
â¢ CULTURE: Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
â¢ INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it!â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
â¢ RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
We have an immediate position open for a Customer Service Manager with our Vancouver Hauling Operation in Vancouver, WA. This position is designed to provide the successful candidate with the proper experience and direction to allow advancement into more senior management positions.
- Supervise personnel, which typically include hiring, firing and performance management through employee evaluations, training, work allocation, problem resolution and enforcing progressive discipline.
- Approaching all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Manage daily administrative operations of a department including establishing work priorities; assist in resolving problems related to the day-to-day operations of the unit.
- Manage Purchase Orders for the district, process invoices for payment, mail checks to vendors, answer vendor questions.
- Review, reconcile, and evaluate monthly ledgers, budgets, and financial reporting system reports, assist with fiscal planning, development, and management of annual budgets.
- Oversee, coordinate, maintain, and/or process payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, travel reimbursements, purchasing documents, and/or employment documents for faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide and/or oversee the provision of administrative assistance and support to the district manager, to include problem solving, project planning and management, fiscal management, day-to-day office coordination, and secretarial services.
- Assist with the development and implementation of reporting procedures; oversee maintenance of department records and/or inventories.
- Oversee and provide personal computer functions such as scheduled and special reports, correspondence, and database management.
- May coordinate office assignments for the administrative staff.
- Coordinate department programs, seminars, workshops, travel arrangements, special projects, and/or events; may coordinate program/project development and planning.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Promote Waste Connections standard operating procedures, which assure efficient environmentally correct and safe workplace practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 3 years of customer service and management experience required.
- Management experience in a call center environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)