Sodexo, leader in quality of life services is currently seeking an experienced General Manager - Director of Food and Nutrition Services, for Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette, CO.
Good Samaritan Medical Center is a community-based, acute-care hospital that is part of SCL Health, a nonprofit faith-based health system. Candidate must have a strong drive for process improvement and customer experience. Ability to enhance the culinary offers and overall perception of the program are required. Sodexo programs and innovations must be implemented and maintained. The General Manager is responsible for 4 managers, and 60 client employees, retail outlets, catering and physician lounges, and all clinical nutrition services.
This position will report directly to the Client Executive/District Manager and will be able to:
- Provide team leadership by ensuring cohesiveness in all departments and with administration
- Develop a business plan for the administration that establishes a rapport, promotes partnership and exceeds the administrations’ needs and expectations
- Drive innovative strategies for patient satisfaction
- Monitor and manage operations by comparing contract guarantees to historical and present data to analyze and make effective decisions; Manage the budget by increasing revenue and controlling costs, reviewing financial statements and tracking operating expenses
- Constantly improve food service operations in order to drive patient and customer satisfaction
- Maintain and implement sanitary and food safety conditions and training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations
- Accountable for the execution of product and service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery
- Promote and support workplace diversity initiatives as well as create a positive work environment
- Develop strategic plans for account retention and growth
Qualifications for this position include:
- Proven ability to develop teams
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire staff and participate on a management team
- Computer literacy to achieve and maintain competence in web-driven Sodexo programs
- Full HACCP knowledge, and Sodexo ServSafe certification within 3 months of hire
- Prior food service management and client retention experience in a health-care environment strongly preferred
- RD/LD clinical experience preferred
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management