The Clinical Lab Specialist's (CLS) focus is to identify and close capital equipment/laboratory instruments with primary focus on those listed on the unit box goal list. This is to be achieved through independent account calls and through working with the Field Sales Team in the CLS territory of responsibility. CLS is to achieve annual sales and GP goals established by the VP of the capital Equipment Group and the Area Sales Director
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Identify laboratory capital equipment opportunities in designated territory and actively move these opportunities through the sales process to close with follow through to customer acceptance, installation and invoice/billing stage.
- Work closely with FSCs in the CLSs designated territory to assist the FSC in uncovering lab capital instrument leads and help determine best fit for the customer. Assist in moving these opportunities through the sales process to close with follow through to acceptance, installation and invoice/billing stage.
- Develop strong field relationships with the representatives of key Tiered Manufacturers as identified by the Lab Category Management Team. Develop consistent communication with these Key Vendor reps through email, phone conversation or face to face meetings or co-travel.
- Work closely with your Region Sales Manager to manage and review pipeline/funnel and to proactively use the designated CRM tool to manage the pipeline/funnel.
- Attend and actively participate in all required sales meetings.
- Complete all administrative work in a timely fashion as required by company policy and the Region Sales Manager: Pipeline/Funnel reports, Activity reports, Expense reports and any other reports deemed necessary by the manager or company.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
At least 5 years of industry experience with a strong background in Laboratory Capital Equipment Sales.
High School Diploma required; College Degree preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of clinical laboratory trends with a basic knowledge of CLIA rules and regulations.
Basic knowledge of Clinical Laboratory Reimbursement.
Good knowledge of the different lab disciplines and the corresponding instrumentation that would be "best fit" for these disciplines including, but not limited to: Hematology, Immunoassay, Chemistry, Molecular, and Microbiology.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below)
Job Field: Sales/Telesales