This position is responsible for processing and administrating end user sales contracts. Justifies and validates eligibility of rebate-able manufacturer c ontracts. Reconciles and collects vendor rebates due and accurately records data into the general ledger.
- Responsible for membership verification and proper account addition or removal from manufacturer sales rebate contracts, with specific tasks including:
- Maintains and updates membership directories for contracts including enrollment where applicable.
- Reviews manufacturer contract membership lists to confirm eligibility before an account is linked to a contract. Will verify that all active ship-to addresses are also eligible to access the contract. Will coordinate with the sales representative and manufacturer to get approval for all ship-to addresses that are not initially approved.
- Advises sales representatives whenever an account is linked to or removed from a contract
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of manufacturer sales rebate contracts, with specific tasks including:
- Tracks and administers manufacturer sales rebate contracts and validates rebate contract data to ensure accuracy.
- Requests renewal contracts or extensions from the manufacturers prior to contract expiration.
- Compares the replacement contracts to the existing contracts. Informs management and sales representatives of any significant cost changes, or items being added or removed from the contract.
- Maintains group purchasing organization ("GPO") and non-GPO contract sell prices at both the plan and customer level.
- Responsible for designing and maintaining accurate files containing customer level, GPO, multi-tiered, all sales, plan and/or customer group contracts.
- Responsible for the preparation, review, and analysis of chargeback details sent to manufacturers and the analysis and reconciliation of the manufacturer approvals and discrepancies, with specific tasks including:
- Prepares and distributes to the manufacturers the chargeback details on a monthly basis to justify our chargeback requests.
- Evaluates and reports chargeback activity to management, providing explanations as to why there may have been an increase or decrease in activity, such as a change in sales volume or product cost.
- Analyzes and reconciles sales rebate contract discrepancies.
- Works with Finance to determine recorded receivables versus outstanding receivables.
- Contacts manufacturers directly to follow up on collections of due chargeback receivables.
- Analyze and resolve pricing discrepancies. Counsels sales representatives and other departments on pricing and cost queries.
- Provides recommendations to management on software and hardware to improve workflow efficiency.
- Prepares and distributes various reports that indicate if customer information has changed, new customers have been created, item status has changed, item has been replaced, potential unit of measure errors, and contracts that will be expiring.
- Analyzes sales and compares the quantity purchased from the manufacturer vs. the quantity purchased from an alternate source. Determines which items need to be on a core contract vs. an alternate source contract.
- Complete reports, analyze valid vs. non-valid promo sales, and notify vendors regarding free goods owed to Henry Schein.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 3 or more years of related experience.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Bachelor's degree preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Very good attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service oriented and the ability to work with complex issues
- Ability to plan and arrange activities
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage conflict
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Establish productive working relationships at multiple levels within the organization
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Microsoft Excel and Access skills
- Knowledge of sales plans and contracts
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below)
Job Field: Sales/Telesales