Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing
your life's best work.SM
Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported as you make an impact in a fast paced career? At UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you can have all of the above, every day. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers.
As a DSNP Retention Specialist (Bilingual in English and Spanish), you'll provide our members with the information they need to make better decisions about their health, helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day, you'll provide compassionate and empathetic support to 50 to 70 callers providing guidance, support, and resolution for escalated issues. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll be on the phone for long periods of time and encounter all types of communication styles and personalities as you help resolve conflicts or issues. You'll deal with stressful situations and resolve complex health care concerns in a positive, simplified manner so that callers fully understand their health care plans and solutions.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone - based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert for team members or internal customers
- Handle escalated calls, resolving more complex customer issues
- Demonstrate outstanding service to identify the source of the caller's issue and work to resolve the inquires in a timely and professional manner
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer - driven health care topics such as selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and reassuring them to becoming self - sufficient with our tools
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience or experience in a medical office, health care, call center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Bilingual in English and Spanish – candidates will be administered an assessment for Spanish fluency
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 8 - hour shifts during business hours of 6:30 am - 6:00 pm MST, with flexibility to work occasional voluntary overtime
- Experience translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step - by - step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Prior healthcare experience
- Experience with billing / finance and eligibility processes, practices, and concepts
- Ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Experience in a position requiring conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
- Adaptability and flexibility with process changes
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well - being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, M&R, DSNP Retention Specialist, bilingual, Spanish, customer service, medical office, healthcare, call center, billing, eligibility