Location: 2184-LeMay Thurston County
Job TitleLocal Class A Driver
Requisition Primary LocationLacey, Washington
WANTED!Â - Talented Class A Driver Needed!
Waste Connections is looking to hire a Roll Off Garbage Truck Driver at Thurston County Transfer Station in Lacey, WA. The position will be responsible for driving a Roll Off garbage trucks or tractor trailer on specified routes to collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites.
To be considered for this position you MUST have a Class A CDL, 1+ years of CDL driving experience, trailer experience, manual shift driving experience, great driving record, and excellent customer service skills.
This position is Friday-Monday (10 hour shifts each day) with the opportunity for overtime.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A CDL with air brakes endorsement and trailer experience as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Certification(s):Class A - Department of Transportation