Sodexo has an opportunity for a Chef Manager at the Colorado School of Mines located in Golden, CO. The School of Mines is a prestigious engineering college with an enrollment of 6,000 students. Relocation Assistance is available!
Sodexo features its premiere resident dining "Restaurant Collection" at Mines Market featuring 8 individual dining platforms with display cooking. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Chef Manager oversees 50 - 60 hourly employees, all food production systems for our resident dining program that serves between 3,000 to 3,500 meals per day for over 1,300 meal plan holders and high volume $1.3 million in catering.
The passion to serve great food while managing food cost within budget is a must. Successful candidates must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Food safety, sanitation and organization are high priorities.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications/experience:
- 1-3+ years of experience in a culinary leadership role, preferably within a campus setting.
- High expectations for customer service and quality of food.
- High volume experience.
- Strong understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor.
- Strong food safety and sanitation/HACCP standards.
- Ability and willingness to develop and train hourly employees.
- Passion for food and innovation.
- Ability to think out of the box.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Manage the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Manage food costing, controls and compliance
- Develop menus and manage inventory
- Have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- Have a passion for food and innovation
- Have knowledge of special diets and allergens;
- Have knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (DRIVE) is preferred
The ideal candidate has:
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- Previous experience working in a high volume facility
- Strong management skills
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.