Sodexo has an opportunity for a Front of the House Manager / Food Service Manager 2 at the Colorado School of Mines located in Golden, CO. The School of Mines is a prestigious engineering college with an enrollment of 6,000 students. **Relocation Assistance is available!
Sodexo features its premiere resident dining "Restaurant Collection" at Mines Market featuring 8 individual dining platforms with display cooking. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Front of the House Manager oversees 50 - 60 hourly employees, food safety standards and presentation serving up to 3,500 meals per day for over 1,300 meal plan holders. _The passion to serve great food while minimizing food waste is a must. Successful candidates must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Food safety, sanitation and organization are high priorities.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications/experience:
- Successful customer service skills
- Proven client successful relationship skills
- One to Three_+ years of experience in a high-volume manager role, preferably within a campus setting
- High expectations for customer service and quality of food
- Strong understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor
- Strong food safety and sanitation/HACCP standards
- Ability and willingness to develop and train hourly employees
- Passion for food and innovation
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong management skills
- Ability to think out of the box
- Frontline training programs
- Opening and closing the operation
- Daily operation standards
- Strong leadership and communication skills
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Food Service Manager we’re seeking?
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement