Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The medical assistant provides quality appropriate patient care, utilizing customer service skills throughout the patient care continuum.
We have various medical assistant positions open throughout the Las Vegas and Henderson areas. Included are adult medicine, urgent care, cardiology, convenient care, surgery center, pain management, neurology, allergy, pulmonology, urology, orthopedics, oncology, telephonic MA, obgyn-pediatrics and more! Compensation is very competitive and positions are full-time status with benefits.
- Responsible for collection and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief complaint, review of medications, allergies, health risk screen information, status of extended care benefits and other services
- Participate in the monitoring of patients with chronic disease and extended care benefits including verification of eligibility and status of services
- Assist RN and provider with the coordination and completion of patient care plan
- Compliance with customer services standards, scheduling and entering appointments, demographics and insurance information in IDX
- Assist with phone calls and messages; document all call and actions taken
- Responsible for compliance requirements such as laboratory QC management, waive testing, maintenance of crash cart and drug count as well as other requirements dictated by clinic needs
- Assist coworkers with duties when requested, to include, but not limited to assisting in other areas
- Some positions may require floating to other clinic locations in the area as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program or 3+ years of military medical experience
- CPR certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Minimum one-year experience in an ambulatory care setting or has completed or is actively enrolled in the MA externship program with OptumCare NV
- Experience in primary care or specialty care such as pediatrics, pain management, cardiology, urology, orthopedics, oncology, senior care, obgyn, urgent care
- Willing to travel to various OptumCare NV clinic locations as needed
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Office Laboratory Assistant (OLA) certification
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: medical assistant, MA, Las Vegas, EMR, CPR, OLA, Office Laboratory Assistance, Spanish, urgent care, primary care, pediatrics, cardiology, allergy, asthma, pain management, urology, obgyn, clinic, NV, Nevada, MALCDCBDriver2019