Min Salary $15.00 - $30.00 hourly Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Working Title Part-Time Tutor - Spanish - Early College High School (Open Pool)
Campus Location Greeley
Position Type Staff Part-Time
Posting Number 201500550P
This position supports high school students enrolled in the Early College High School at District 6 (D6) or Windsor Charter Academy ( WCA ECHS ) locations through subject tutoring and academic learning skills support.
1. Provide academic support in Spanish I through Spanish III
2. Performs tutoring interdependently and with direct assistance from supervisor and tutorial services staff
3. Maintain accurate and timely documentation of tutoring sessions.
4. Communicate with subject-area faculty as well as the tutoring supervisor to ensure use of appropriate tutoring methodologies.
5. Promote student and/or faculty use of instructional support resources.
6. Provide tutoring to small groups and/or more than one student per session.
7. Guides student on how to develop good study skills and test-taking skills
8. Create and develop targeted instructional material to meet a student's particular learning difficulty.
Functional Attributes of Job Duty
1. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on either a part-time or full-time basis.
2. Interview plus written approval of a content/skill instructor and/or interview plus endorsement of tutor trainer/supervisor.
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with students and colleagues.
4. Documented course completion with a grade of A or B in the course tutoring
5. Ability to speak, read, and write Spanish and tutor first and second year Spanish.
1. Experience working with or teaching high school students.
2. Two year degree or BA/BS in related field from a regionally accredited institution or combination of equivalent education and/or experience or certification in related area
3. Learning/study skills knowledge.
4. Tutoring experience.
5. Bilingual in Spanish.
Posting Date 07/09/2019
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
Please be prepared to submit the following:
Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services ( www.naces.org ) or Association of International Credential Evaluators ( www.aice-eval.org ) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3315