Location: 2111-Murreys Disposal
Job TitleDelivery Driver
Requisition Primary LocationFife, Washington
Waste Connections, Inc. company has an immediate opening for a Container Delivery Driver at our Fife, WA location. The position will be responsible for driving a box truck on specified routes to pick up and deliver recycle and garbage containers to new and existing customers at 100-150 stops per day. Daily work will involve heavy industrial lifting, lifting waist high, gripping with hands, moving at a brisk consistent pace, and occasional bending. This position will also be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers. This is a Monday thru Friday position and the occasional Saturday. This is a day shift position and a CDL is not required but is preferred. This is the perfect opportunity for someone that is fresh out of CDL school and wanting to get some experience driving. This is an entry level driving job and will open doors to other CDL positions as they become available.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Be able to follow safe operating practices.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Be able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
- Previous experience driving at least a 16 ft. box truck.
- Must have a minimum of two years truck driving experience.
- Must be available to start work early mornings and work until route is completed.'
- Ability to do a physically demanding job up to 10 hours per day.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Education:High School (Required)