Sodexo is hiring a General Manager 5 - Food for the Denver University in Denver, CO. Enjoy working with our dedicated union workforce with access to the Rocky Mountains! Our successful candidate will have 5 years experience in a successful dining program, ideally in a university setting.
As the General Manager, Food at one of our large education accounts, you will be responsible for the successful coordination and direction of all daily activities related to food service within a multi-unit campus account.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have previous Food operations management in a university setting or other high-volume dining
- 5 years operational experience at a General Manager level and/or diverse team leadership within a food service environment
- Be proficient in use of on-line Food Management Systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen and success: Food costs/ labor costs, budgets
- Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive client relations; a solid leader who is perceptive and has attention to details that make a difference – quality and presentation of food – customer service
- Be customer focused– including providing excellent customer service in a welcoming dining environment
Direct all contract management service operations at a single account
Plan and supervises special functions
Maintain cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel
Maintain customer satisfaction and good public relations
Manage through managers and be accountable for the contract
Represent Sodexo as the senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provide local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management