Sodexo is seeking an innovative experienced Executive Chef 2 to oversee the Campus Dining at Point Loma Nazarene University. Point Loma Nazarene University is a Christian university that has a student population of 2000 residents and commuters overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean.-a large campus showcase account in San Diego, CA that is a faith based conservative campus with over 1600 students on the Resident Dining meal plan, high volume Food Retail and High End Catering. Menu choices include Healthy Options, International Flavors, Main Fare, as well as Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian and local Organic.
The successful Executive Chef 2 candidate will have:
- Previous success managing high volume food production and creating innovative menus in a Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program with demonstrated best practices for increasing the student/customer experience.
- Innovative menu development for high end and high volume catering.
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food/Beverage Cost controls as well as HACCP and safety standards.
- Enjoy interacting with clients, students, faculty – be the face of Sodexo Culinary Team on campus and in the dining halls. Demonstrate culinary finesse at head Action Station, sharing passion for food, cooking, sustainability with the students.
- Hands-on management approach, comfortable communication style and strong team building skills as the successful candidate will interact with students, staff, faculty, client, other Sodexo managers and hourly employees.
- Successful experience partnering with a client in championing sustainable initiatives and involvement / commitment to the campus and surrounding community.
- Commitment to the Point Loma Nazarene campus community, mission, values and ethics.
- Seeking Bilingual candidates - the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this workforce.
There is RELOCATION assistance for this opportunity!
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.