Sodexo is looking for an energetic Environmental Services / Custodial General Manager 4 to join our health-care team at Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) in Orange, California. Relocation is not offered as this time.
This position will lead the Day-to-Day operations of the Environmental Services department by directing all housekeeping & Linen operations, and Supervise all cleaning personnel. Will also be responsible for maintaining payroll records, and schedules. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Must have prior contractor experience with proven track record in health care ES. Seeking bilingual candidates; the ability to speak Spanish will assist in managing this workforce.
The candidate must be/have:
Flexible and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Customer focused to enhance or improve the experience of the staff and patients.
Actively involved in Diversity Awareness.
Able to lead and strong communication skills.
Results and safety driven.Strong financial acumen (budget process)
Experience in overseeing multiple locations
Prior high level ES Director experience required
Must have prior contractor experience with proven track record in health care ES.
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented, and well organized.
This position is Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m may include some weekends and holidays.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance