Come lead the culinary team at North Carolina Wesleyan College in Rocky Mount, NC. Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef with hands on experience, strong menu management, training and staff development and catering skills.
In the role of Executive Chef, you will supervise a diverse group of employees, ensuring the quality and standards set by the company are being executed at the highest levels.
Successful candidate needs to have a strong focus and passion for serving our customers - enjoy talking with customers, students, clients and staff. Responsibilities will include: Menu planning, hands on food preparation, catering, food and labor costing, directing and coordinating the activities of up to 12 hourly food production employees, ordering, inventory, some financial reporting and direct customer and client interaction.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate should have:
- Experience running a high-volume kitchen, prefer experience in campus, hospital or large corporate setting, or high volume restaurant;
- High expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- Strong understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor;
- Strong food safety and sanitation/HACCP standards;
- Ability and willingness to develop and train up to 50 frontline employees;
- Passion for creating outstanding customer service;
- Ability to think outside of the box
***Relocation Assistance Available with this position****
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.