iOS Software Engineer - Pencil & Paper
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Posted: Aug 19, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200069884
Are you passionate about the freeform input experience and possibilities enabled by the iPad and Apple Pencil? We are looking for a creative and hardworking manager to help lead the development of the next generation of drawing and handwriting products. Our team supports several high-visibility features spanning the iOS Notes drawing experience, Screenshots, Markup, and beyond. Join the Pencil & Paper team to prototype, design, and develop user-facing features and frameworks that will reinvent and revolutionize the Pencil-based computer experience.
- Experience leading and growing small- to medium-sized engineering teams
- Expertise in architecting and developing iOS and macOS applications or frameworks of significant scope
- Fluency with Objective-C, C, and C++ programming
- Detailed knowledge of the graphics stack, including Core Graphics, Core Animation, and Metal
- Expertise in modern software development standard methodologies, spanning: source control, unit testing, and debugging
- Familiarity with software optimization and performance measurement tools
- Ability to effectively inspire, drive, and contribute to several concurrent projects
- Ability to thrive in a highly and collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Collaborate with a world-class design team and talented engineers to innovate and deliver high-impact features that fuse best-in-class user interfaces with state-of-the-art machine learning technologies. You will be responsible for a mixture of software design exploration, implementation, and maintenance of cross-platform frameworks and applications. You need to develop production-quality software while working through fast-paced, iterative development cycles. You will partner with many teams at Apple to deliver best-in-class features. We are seeking an individual that holds a passion for user interface development and has a proven track record of developing highly visual and responsive applications or frameworks.
Education & Experience
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field.