UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Social Worker working with our Pennsylvania Medicaid and Chip members, Social workers are responsible for providing social work services to patients and families. They function as a member of the departmental team which includes educating the patient, family and members of the healthcare team regarding benefits, community resources, referrals for counseling and other pertinent information. Social workers are also responsible for triaging referrals and collaborating on cases with other members of the healthcare delivery team. In addition, social workers must be able to assist the patient in a sensitive and supportive manner, while acting as an advocate on behalf of the patient.
The Special Needs Unit is a small department that is required by our state partner. Applicant needs to be able to function in a fast paced, constantly changing environment in order to assist members in accessing their healthcare.
- Assesses patient and family psychosocial needs and develops plan of care in concert with patient, physicians, nurses and other members of the departmental team
- Links patients / family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to, information / referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups and other community services
- Documents patient / family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals and interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families, insurance company, community agencies and others as needed to ensure continuity of care
- Provides discharge planning based on meeting identified goals of the treatment plan
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Master's degree-level clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or
- Marriage or Family Counseling or Licensed Ph.D. or
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2 + years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Basic Microsoft Word skills
- Social work undergrad degree or equivalent with minimum 5 years experience
- A background working in pediatrics
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Medicaid Managed Care experience
- Case Management
- Basic level of proficiency in PC-based word processing and database documentation (Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Manager, CCM, Social Worker, Service Coordinator, Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania