Zahn, a Henry Schein company, is seeking an experienced Technical Support Trainer for Dental / Clinical equipment. Our mission is to quickly assess and resolve end-user questions while delivering world-class customer support and training.
This position is responsible to assist customers with the setup, installation and training of their dental scanners, milling systems, ovens, and software packages either in person, via phone, email, or web applications.
75% Conduct customer trainings, of which the majority will be onsite at the customers location. This includes the setup, configuration, installation and Maintenance of all equipment.
5% Continue to master and expand on Subject Matter Expert (SME) interests (4 or more corporate products).
5% Gather the required information necessary to best handle customer software and technical inquiries.
5% Attend and actively participate in 1-2 technical trainings, per year.
5% Mentor Technical Support Specialists as well as other Trainers to improve their hardware skills, as well as their understanding of and comfort in discussing company products and services with customers.
5% Provide 1-2 in-house technical trainings, per year, to Technical Support Specialists and other Trainers.
Exceptional understanding of the job and ability to apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of complex tasks. Complete tasks in creative and effective ways. Complete assignments and facilitate the work activities of others; may coordinate work beyond own area. Apply acquired knowledge of procedures and external regulations. May provide back-up process support for the Supervisor.
Consistently work on complex and sometimes unique assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Make recommendations for new procedures. Analyze complex technical or non-technical problems and suggests solutions where precedent may not exist.
Work under minimal supervision and may act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May act as a facilitator or team leader. Provide training as needed.
Typically 4 or more years of related experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Bachelor's degree preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Very good attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service oriented and ability to work with and resolve complex issues
- Ability to plan and arrange activities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage conflict
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Analytical thinking
- Oversee small to medium sized projects
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities
- Establish productive working relationships at multiple levels within the organization
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must have an excellent ability to concisely articulate the proper use and maintenance of a variety of technical equipment
- Must have a firm understanding of Internet connectivity and networking.
- Must be proficient in dental terminology and the core functionality of software and hardware systems.
- Must have knowledge of how CAD / CAM systems work and interact.
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically 75%. Office environment. Must be able to lift 50lbs if required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below)
Job Field: Equipment Support