Sodexo is seeking a Multi-Unit Controller for Florida State University located in Tallahassee FL.
Is this opportunity right for you?
The diversity of Sodexo’s client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- provide financial and analytical support for sales, operations and field finance to assist in financial decision making process regarding the business
- act as a business partner to Sales, Finance and Operations;
- administer data collection activities for the site survey;
- ensure that the proposal, contract and invoicing for the business is consistent with the costing assumptions; and
- prepare post audit assessments to assess operating performance and update general Division assumptions as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
- have strong knowledge of accounting policies and procedures, familiarity with accounting processes of a large university, strong analytical skills and advanced proficiency in finance related computer applications;
- have the ability to apply GAAP and IFRS, Sodexo policies and procedures, and provide objective accounting judgment in the production of accurate and reliable financial reports for Sodexo and its clients;
- support customization of non-standard operating statements, executive summaries and centralized billings;
- have familiarity with unit operations;
- have the ability to develop working relationships with field operators and the ability to interpret, analyze and explain financial information – this includes understanding financial data and accurately interpreting financial statements and reports, identifying the key factors affecting the financial performance of the division using financial data to accurately diagnose business realities, identifying key issues and developing strategies and plans;
- have strong computer skills;
- have strong presentation skills;
- have an undergraduate degree in business or a quantitative discipline (accounting or finance preferred), with a minimum of five years related work experience in operations or finance; and
- have an Operations background (preferable) with the ability to demonstrate a firm understanding of fundamental operational and quantitative analysis principles.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for either a large multi-size national account OR a large complex single location account
- Data Collection from field - data review, analysis and suggestion of process improvement, review of FSC spot audits, accounts receivable review, review of new business,
- Oversight and direction of annual budgeting process & oversight and direction of period close process for all sites for Sodexo and Client, creation and maintenance of area forecasts, oversight of Project Clear compliance for portfolio.
- Financial Training and development of Sodexo General Managers.
- Creation, delivery & presentation of client specific financial reports as needed
- Oversight, training and support of POS systems and other cashless technology
-Train other controllers, analysts and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas