Sodexo is seeking an Outpatient Clinical Nutrition Manager with 3+ years’ experience to provide leadership as well as nutrition care at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC).
The Medical University Hospital (Level One Trauma Center) is located in beautiful, historical medical district in Charleston, SC. It is a 750 bed teaching hospital and the Children's Hospital makes up approximately 120 of these beds. The health system has 4 hospitals and numerous health centers located throughout the metropolitan area.
In the year 2019, we will be transitioning to a free standing Children’s Hospital that will expand our current census and staff. MUSC offers a wide variety of ambulatory nutrition services in areas such as oncology, diabetes, GI, Cystic Fibrosis, transplant, bariatric and weight management.
The Outpatient Clinical Nutrition Manager responsibilities will include:
- Management of outpatient clinical program.
- Management of 8 FTE’s outpatient dietitians;
- Complete/coordinate billing according to MUSC practices;
- Manage Telehealth program and provide direct patient care via VTC;
- Precept Dietetic Interns;
- Maintain a highly visible role with client interaction,
- Participates on a variety of Hospital Committees;
- Participation in Performance Improvement Activities and outcome research projects;
- Collaborate with Wellness Director;
- Collaborate with Adult & Pediatric CNMs;
- Have demonstrated leadership skills to manage and develop a clinical staff;
- Two years management experience required;
- Master's Degree Preferred;
- SC licensure prior to hire date;
- Registration with Commission on Dietetic Registration is required;
To learn more about what Sodexo has to offer Registered Dietitians and view open positions, go to our Clinical Microsite: h_ttp://www.sodexodietitiancareers.com/
Functions as the in-unit lead Clinical leader for a large account, system or multiple accounts under the same contract or multiple contracts in a defined region.
Manages the daily operations of nutrition services through direct supervision of both non-exempt employees and entry-level exempt professional employees.
-Directs daily operations of nutrition programs and ensure customer and client satisfaction levels are met.
-Establishes and executes operating standards, implements quality improvements, manages the budget and communicates them to other departments.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for nutrition services.
-Promotes nutrition services and stays current with most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Manages employees to ensure they meet goals, cost controls deadlines, and collect outcomes.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel).
-Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client, regional or national initiatives, projects, and implements the service program(s).