UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging. In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career. This is your life's best work.(sm)
The Small Business Field Account Manager is the “Field-Based Service Owner” responsible for the distribution partner and customer’s total service experience with UnitedHealthcare.
The principal focus is to serve as the key liaison between the customer and the broker / employer service organization, monitoring service issue resolution and educating customers and their employees.
- Lead, direct and conduct enrollment / benefit meetings and health fairs for assigned business
- Educate and consult with employers on enrollment, benefits, value-added programs, and electronic service processes
- Expand customer expertise and reliance on eTools to drive usage and adoption
- Maintain and provide customer information to the Strategic Account Executive on service trends, myuhc.com adoption, eServices adoption, wellness initiatives, and improvement opportunities, etc.
- Conduct meetings with customers to identify issues / trends and analyze root causes to determine corrective action steps
- Maintain current level of health care market trends, industry developments, and changes in legislation
- Conduct welcome calls to new clients (Face-to-Face / Telephonic / Email)
- Education / training of agents / clients on new product launches and service initiatives
- Receive, triage, and route escalated broker issues to proper internal team for resolution
- Collaborate with dedicated functional experts to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Identify root causes of systemic service issues impacting brokers and customers
- Resolve pre-implementation service issues
- Build and sustain positive relationships with brokers / consultants through direct and indirect communication
- Educate / train brokers and GAs on service model and proper contact channels for issue resolution
- Submit claims exception requests through the appropriate service channels
- Request or run ad hoc reports to research a service issue or claim
- Subject matter expert for electronic services, customer benefits and wellness, and internal processes
- Support HRA issue resolution
- Provide utilization reports to the Strategic Account Executive in support of customer renewals
- Request / run misc. reports as required (example: Myuhc.com, Real Appeal)
- Audit plan change once confirmation is completed by the Strategic Account Executive
- Drive survey adoption to promote high level of net promoter scores from Brokers and Employers
- Perform other assignments and responsibilities as required by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
3+ years of Account Management or equivalent experience, health care industry preferred
Previous experience which demonstrates the ability to work with external constituents
Experience demonstrating effective presentation skills
Experience interfacing with and influencing internal business partners through the use of excellent interpersonal skills
Experience navigating a complex organization to accomplish customer satisfaction
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn internal technology tools/systems
Insurance license as required by law
Maintain a valid driver’s license
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: small business, account manager, field account, Palm Beach, FL, Florida