Sodexo, leader in quality of life services has an immediate opening for a General Manager 5 to oversee the Food and Nutrition Department at Vail Health System, located in the beautiful mountains of Vail, CO. Vail Health is a nonprofit, community health care system with locations in Eagle and Summit counties. Vail Health offers a 56-bed hospital, 24/7 emergency care, helipad, urgent care clinics, cancer care, breast centers, cardiovascular services, surgery, childbirth, physical therapy, internal medicine, endocrinology, and more.
As the leader of our Food Service Team, the General Manager will be responsible for managing the department operations and financial responsibilities in addition to on-site patient services, retail café, and catering.
- Implementing and maintaining Sodexo programs and practices
- Ensuring Sodexo operational standards for At Your Request (AYR) patient meal service and retail food service are in place
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, such as food and physical safety, and menu systems
- Coordinating department functions and standards with other managers
- Ensuring client needs and goals are met
- Developing solid Client relationships
- Special projects as assigned by Client Executive
Qualifications for this position include:
- Proven ability to meet and exceed the unit budget
- GM level experience in a high volume food operation
- Previous culinary experience
- Proven ability to develop, motivate and inspire a team of 20 front-line staff
- Computer literacy to achieve and maintain competence in web-driven Sodexo programs
- Full HACCP knowledge and ServSafe certification
- Prior food service management experience in a health-care environment is preferred but not required
Careers in Health-care:
Working for Sodexo in Health-care allows you to offer patients, health-care professionals and caregivers around the world the best health-care experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management