TITLE: HQ Finance Manager of Field Operations
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
REPORTS TO: Director of Field Operations and Systems
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Regular, FTE
Americares is an emergency response and global health organization that saves lives and builds healthier futures for people in crisis in the U.S. and around the world. Every day, Americares puts critically needed medicines and supplies in the hands of frontline health workers and develops innovative, sustainable health improvements in their communities. We are the leading nonprofit for delivering donated medicines and medical supplies to health programs around the world. We leverage this core competency with emergency preparedness, response and recovery efforts, and programs that improve health outcomes. Our programs increase access to care in more than 90 countries every year.
We are seeking a Finance Manager who will join our HQ Finance team to provide financial and accounting support to our field operations. The position will support monthly funding transfers, financial and accounting reporting, and year-end close financial activities with all field operations. This position will also support the Field and Programs on grant compliance as well as support Finance on quarterly grant reporting to donors. This position will provide training as needed, and complete other finance tasks assigned. This position will work closely with the Emergency Programs Manager of Finance, HQ Program staff and the Finance managers in our field operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide financial/accounting assistance to foreign field offices, incudes direct interaction and day-to-day finance support of field finance and accounting operations, liaising with Program managers, as needed.
- Review all foreign field operations’ finance and accounting activity and reports, including reconciliations, and any other supplemental data uploaded for month end close.
- Review foreign currency translation of foreign entities under ASC 830 and top side accounting entries, including local statutory to GAAP accounting entries
- Review month end intercompany reconciliations
- Conduct monthly budget vs actual reviews of field office funding streams and liaise with the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Review of monthly balance sheet accounts checklist of foreign entities
- Support facilitation of monthly field office fund requests and funds transfers.
- Conduct field office training and support field audits, as required.
- Ensure that field accounting operations are consistent with the policies and procedures of Americares and in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Train and mentor non-finance personnel in the use of financial systems.
- Support the year-end external audit.
- Assist in the completion of other finance and accounting tasks, as assigned.
- Identify and implement process improvements as part of continuous improvement initiatives