The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program, is seeking a highly motivated full time entry level Systems Engineer I to provide engineering support for the JPSS Common Ground System located at the Raytheon facility located in Aurora, CO.
The JPSS program is developing the next-generation global weather satellite system. Raytheon is developing, deploying, and sustaining the JPSS Common Ground System which includes the Interface Data Processing Segment (IDPS) and the Command, Control, and Communications Segment (C3S).
Duties can include, but not be limited to:
- Perform systems engineering analysis including implementation and design documentations and requirement reviews and verifications.
- Analyze large amounts of data/strong analytical skills
- Provide document reviews and resolve technical systems engineering issues
- Coordinate with remote site personnel
- Work with external entities to configure and troubleshoot interface issues
- Follow established SE processes and procedures
- Support technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project
- Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the requirements to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI government security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering functions: requirements management, interface definition, design documentation, and change management process
- Entry level understanding of software and troubleshooting
- Experience with technical writing
- Good oral and verbal communications
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Aerospace, Systems, Electrical, Mechanical), Computer Science, Physics, Math or a closely related STEM field obtained within the past 18 months. A GPA of 3.0+ is highly desired. Please include your GPA and transcript with your resume.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience with DOORs
- Formal system test experience on a software development contract at the system, subsystem or component level.
- Experience with customer interactions including meetings and presentations
- Experience with eclipse and equinox baselines.
- Experience with spacecraft command load generation
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.