Systems Engineer I – G06 – Aurora, CO
Raytheon Information Intelligence Systems (IIS) site in Aurora, Colorado has many exciting programs currently under development in the Navigation Weather and Services (NWS) and the C2, Space and Intelligence (CSI)product lines. A few of the currently active programs in the NWS area include: The Space and Weather Systems Raytheon team, responsible for full life cycle engineering on state-of-the-art environmental, commercial, and sensing systems for government and commercial applications. These projects include Joint Polar Satellite Systems (JPSS), James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), Earth Observation Systems (EOS), and other exciting programs. And in 2010, RTN was awarded the GPS advanced operational control segment (GPS OCX) for the United States Air Force to develop their next generation ground control system for flying and managing the legacy and next generation GPS satellite fleet! The C2, Space and Intelligence (CSI)Raytheon team is responsible for full life cycle engineering for government and commercial applications. CSI opportunities are primarily on classified programs that support the intelligence community. Capabilities include ground systems for GEOINT and SIGINT systems, large-scale data processing and exploitation storage architectures and high performance data handling and processing systems. Additionally, CSI provides expertise in large-scale systems development, integration and deployment of high-performance SIGINT and GEOINT systems, missions and resource management, information management, visualization, knowledge discovery and advanced analytics. Look for yourself and evaluate the many exciting opportunities available on the Raytheon IEO team - a highly successful organization using state of the art technology and focused on a 100% mission success.
This position is for an entry level Systems Engineer with the technical and communication skills needed to support ongoing and emerging programs in our Aurora, CO office. The candidate will support requirement analysis and hierarchical decomposition, development of system architecture and assist in the planning and coordination of system delivery to customer/user site.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Correction and update of documents, contribute to presentations, support design reviews, support customer requests for information and recommend appropriate configuration, equipment and software changes to satisfy requests and system integration and test support.
- Candidates must be professional, self-starters and possess a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn program/organizational processes and procedures and be willing to recommend improvements to both.
Security Clearance & Other Requirements:
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the requirements to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI government security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Comprehends and can utilize the Systems Development Process through system design, integration and testing
- Completed software development coursework and can apply basic concepts
- Completed and thoroughly understands coursework in basic systems engineering/systems architecture design theory & process, requirements analysis development, tractability and verification
- Experience in Windows and/or Linux
- Experience with Java skill set
- Computer Science and Software Engineering backgrounds
- Previous internship experience
- Coursework on technical writing, modern application architectures or methodologies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Bachelor’s degree obtained within the past 18 months or by Spring 2020 in Computer Science, Systems/Software Engineering or a closely related STEM field. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is desired. Please include your GPA and transcript with your resume.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 147783
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.