You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care.
This position is 36 hours per week, overnight shift.
Required schedule is:
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 6:30pm - 7:00am (after applicable training)
- Responsible for information, referral, crisis intervention and psychiatric assessment of San Diego County mental health and drug/alcohol consumers through telephonic review; certify and authorize appropriate levels of inpatient and outpatient behavioral health treatments for medical necessity, emergency status, and quality of care
- Provide therapeutic interventions for individuals in crisis, conduct psychiatric and drug/alcohol clinical screenings, offer referrals for psychiatric treatment, referrals for alcohol/drug services, and provide clinical screenings for inpatient and outpatient treatment requests for Medi-Cal insured consumers
- Responsible for utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse services: includes concurrent review, and coordination and assurance of appropriate levels of care to members
- Responsible for entering accurate relevant data and clinical information into electronic databases
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.; OR Registered Nurse
- Current, unrestricted license to practice in the state of California
- 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Must live within a commutable distance of our San Diego, CA office location
- Must be willing to work Friday-Sunday, anytime between 5:00pm-7:00am (on an as-needed basis)
- Inpatient experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordinating benefits and utilizing multiple groups and resources for patients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Previous experience working in a Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- Experience with the MediCal patient population
- Experience in a call center environment
- Bilingual Skills (fluency in Spanish/English)
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day – and where every day is another opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: case manager, care advocate, social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health, behavioral health, managed care, substance abuse, inpatient, crisis intervention, LP, LCSW, MFT, LPCC, RN, registered nurse, San Diego, CA, California