Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
If you thrive in an environment where you can take charge, plan and guide others through complex situations, be outspoken and are a confident decision-maker, Allstate is the place for you! Our employee engagement survey within the customer contact centers is rated as "Excellent." Allstate is all about inclusive diversity and creating an environment where everyone can grow. Don’t take our word for it – hear real Allstaters describe who they are and why they love working at Allstate: Click Here
It is Allstate's goal to support our customers how, when and where they want to be served. The Customer Contact Center will provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As a result, it is important that our team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and holidays. Most call center employees work one weekend day, typically a Saturday, as a part of their normal work week.
Hours and Compensation
- Start Date: Friday, November 8, 2019 at 10:00 AM
- Licensing Schedule: (Initial 2 Weeks): Monday-Friday 10:00 AM-6:30 PM
- Training Schedule: (5 Weeks): Monday-Friday 10:00 AM-6:30 PM in classroom
- Transition and Permanent Schedules: (EST) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday (3:30-12AM), Saturday (10-6:30PM), Sunday and Thursday (OFF)
- Holidays Required
Compensation and other important information:
- Base Salary: $35,360 annually (paid bi-weekly)
- Spanish Bi-Lingual: $38,896 this includes a 10% pay differential available to those who have been identified as Spanish Bilingual through management interview process
- $1000 bonus paid after 6 months of employment if hired with an active General Lines Property & Casualty License (License Bonus does not apply to Allstate re-hires)
- $500 language bonus paid after 6 months of employment to new hires that pass the Spanish Language assessment.
- Excellent benefits package starting on your FIRST day of employment to include - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401(k)
- Licensed service: monthly cross-sell bonus (available after training, subject to individual performance and per bonus program guidelines)
Competencies that drive success in the role:
- Support our customers by delivering personalized experience
- Ensure first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions
- Solutions driven by resolving customer’s inquiries
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Allstate company products
- Attention to detail in processing changes to customer policies
- Answer customer inquiries regarding their policies and document customer records
- Develop subject matter expertise and remain current on marketing campaigns to respond appropriately to related inquiries
- Accountable for quoting and cross-selling additional product lines
- Proactively identify and act on additional protection opportunities to promote policy growth and improve customer retention
- Confidently apply effective selling and influencing skills
- Required to pass a Property and Casualty license state exam (for licensed roles only)
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Multi-tasking proficiency
- Live into an environment of Continuous Improvement
- Adaptability to new techniques, talk paths and performance standards
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Collaboration, problem solving and investigation skills
- Ability to identify trends, present solutions for issues and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with co-workers including peers and leaders
- Flexibility with work schedule to meet the needs of customer and the business
- Spanish Bilingual fluency a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment